Friday, May 4, 2012

Haunting of Parnell House -part three-

Haunting of Parnell House
~Part Three~

One night ... I was sick, and I was trying to get some sleep on the couch, I was jarred awake and saw the door partially open and the saw a man's hand on the door knob, the door opened more and then, it just froze, his hand was still on the knob. The door then swung all the way open out of his hand and slammed shut! The noise was deafening and loud enough to wake my parents. They, along with my grandparents came running into the room, I told them what had just happened and my father ran outside and saw a man running down the street, very, very, fast!
 
We would soon discover slamming doors were not uncommon in this house.
We did not know what to make of the door slamming, but I'm glad it did as I felt somewhat protected. Although I never slept downstairs on the couch again.

A few weeks later ...
As my sister and I were getting ready for bed we heard "Time for bed girls" in a stern female voice... plain as day! It was not our mother's voice nor our grandmothers.
We both looked at each other and too afraid to run downstairs, we jumped into bed, pulled the covers over our heads in fright and fell off to sleep.

The next morning at the breakfast table, my mother told us no running around slamming doors after bedtime. We assured her we went straight to sleep because we heard a strange voice telling us it was time for bed and called us 'girls'. 
My mother looked at us and said you mean it was not you two girls running around laughing, and slamming the bedroom door after bedtime. Nope was not us!!
The next night, my mother heard running around and laughing from what sounded like us girls. She ran upstairs ready catch us in the act and scold us, and found that we were indeed sound to sleep.

More to come ...

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed viewing your drawings. I am a composer/pianist/recording artist. Please visit me at freetospeakblog.blogspot.com to enjoy my music, music/art videos, and blog posts.

    ReplyDelete